I do not even celebrate (Do you actually say so??) Valentine's Day, but that's simply because my boyfriend and me will have our two-year-anniversary just a week earlier, so it would not make any sense.
Still, I'm planning on a series of blogposts featuring Valentine's Day ideas. And I hope that all Valentine's Day haters will at least get some inspiration out of it (even all the singles).
So firstly I proudly present a present for a male (females can get this, too...) tea lover:
I present my tea bag DIY
The German brand Donkey Product sells pretty amazing tea bags. I love them. Still, you can easily copy them. Someone could call that mean, because, yes, we should support young designers. But I seriously hate black tea and most of the tea bags at Donkey Product are filled with that yucky stuff and it would be much nicer and creative to give a personalized set of tea bags to the person you love.
What we need:
ball pen (ink not water based)
( photo, postcard, etc)
1. Rip off the ribbon+tag of the tea bag
2. Draw the rough outline of half human being from the waist up on a folded carton so it would be mirrored on the fold after you cut it.
3. Cut it out.
5. Lay the finished mask on the actual white carton.
6. Trace it with pencil
8. Of course you can leave the outlines and give your character the right shape
9. Trace it with a ball pen. WATCH OUT! Fountain pen or water-based ink are to be avoided, Disaster Alert!
11. Start coloring in.
12. My character with white area...
13. Use your stapler to attach your character to the tea bag.
|Poor Yamato man!|
So, I hope you got some inspiration and have an amazing 14th Feburary... no matter, if you are single or taken...