This current fashion inspired me to make my own statement of girlishness – in the shape of a collar necklace which can be added to every outfit of your choice.
What we need:
paper, pencil, dividers
needle and yarn
hot glue gun (or other strong glue)
pearls! (this time I used four different sizes)
- Fold your sheet of paper in the middle and with the dividers draw nearly half of a circle onto the sheet (approximately the diameter of your neck), complete half of the form of a Peter Pan collar and unfold the paper.
- With fixing pins fasten the pattern to a double layer of fabric and border it with a pencil.
- Leaving approximately one centimetre of fabric cut out your collar.
- Sew the two layers of fabric together, leaving some open space in order to turn it over in the end.
- After turning the collar to the right side close the open space (don’t worry, the stitching will be covered by pearls).
- With the hot glue gun or strong glue start applying the pearls to your collar.
- Attach the satin ribbon to the ends of the collar.