So with me being back in Lisbon right now and after (not) eating tons of original Natas I thought I would share at least the self-made ones with you...
What we need:
|Find the missing ingredient!|
1/16 l milk
1/2 tsp butter
35 g sugar
5 g flour
1/2 roll of flaky pastry
12 mini muffin pans ( the smaller one... obviously)
side note: The original recipe says 24... but since I have only 12 I divided the amounts. In case you want to make the full amount you simply have to add the other half, only that you add only an egg yolk!
1. For the filling start off with putting butter, milk and vanilla in a pot and by adding heat till the mixture boils.
2. In a seperate cup (etc.) mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar) and add them to the pot after the butter-milk-mixture.
3. Let everything boil for a few minutes, then put the filling aside for at least 30 minutes.
5. Put one half into the freezer while the filling cools down.
6. After the 30 minutes add the egg to the filling and mix everything really good.
8. Form 12 little flat circles...
9. and put them into the muffin pans
11. so you get 12 natas
12. ... so you can bake them by 220-240° C for 15-20 minutes.
|Me with a original Nata + a Galao looking silly with wind-blown hair^^|